- Published on Wednesday, 03 December 2008 21:14
and denounces the lack of union liberty in Turkey
On December 2nd, the Farmer Union Confederation Çiftçi-Sen, member of the European Coordination Via Campesina is facing a law suit where the legality of the Confederation is at stake.
The governorship of Ankara is demanding the closure of the Confederation on the basis that there are no domestic legal arrangements allowing for farmers to establish unions.
The Turkish Republic has failed to bring domestic law in concordance with the international agreements it has ratified, such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the ILO Convention concerning freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organise. However, international treaties prevail over domestic laws and therefore this law suit has no legal justification.
- Published on Saturday, 29 November 2008 01:16
- Support the struggle of Palestinian farmers and Bedouins, for their survival and sovereignty including food sovereignty. The Palestinian famers struggle for their land and are part of the global farmers struggle.
- Solidarity for Palestinian farmers faced with daily oppression including the uprooting of their olive and other trees that are sacred for Palestinian people.
- Condemning the wall of apartheid built by the Israeli occupation which separates Palestinian farmers, farms, and fields from each other.
- Published on Saturday, 29 November 2008 01:13
Today, after two centuries of robberies and foreign intervention from imperialist countries, Haiti is suffering another foreign interference.
Therefore, the Caribbean delegation taking part in this V Conference ask La Via Campesina to support the Haitian social movement and to demand the immediate withdrawal of the military troops from Haiti, under the principle of respect for the independence, sovereignty and history of the Haitian people.
In the same way, we ask to the assembly to condemn the manoeuvre of the USA using Brazilian and other Latin-American countries' military forces clearly aiming for the division of our nations.
Occupation troops out of Haiti!
Haitian people forward!
Thank you very much.
- Published on Saturday, 29 November 2008 01:10