- Published on Monday, 03 August 2015 17:07
(Palestine, Ramallah, July 2015)- The Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) distributed bread, sweets and pastry equipment to seven women's cooperatives in the Governorates of Hebron, Bethlehem, Nablus, with the participation of agricultural committees and representatives of local communities, the Agriculture Department of Bethlehem and the Agriculture Department Nablus. The activity was within the project of "transition from relief to sustainable livelihood- to enhance food security in the West Bank and Gaza Strip," funded by the Canadian international Development Agency in partnership with CARE International Foundation.
The project director Eng. Doaa' Zayed stressed that the quality and quantity of the supplied equipment for the targeted cooperatives will bring a tangible change to the level of women's income in those cooperatives since it will reduce the time and effort of production, hence allow them to increase their production.
- Published on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 16:05
(Palestine, March 8, 2015) The Union of Agricultural Work Committees celebrated the International Women's Day with the Palestinian women through organizing a photo gallery and workshop titled "Women Give without Boundaries."
In his speech the Chairperson of UAWC's board of directors Ali Hasouneh emphasized on the achievements of women cooperatives and their important role in strengthening the Palestinian products. Hasouneh added that the photo gallery reflects the successes of Palestinian women especially in area "c" where the occupation aims at their displacement but they refuse and resist.
- Published on Wednesday, 18 March 2015 19:57
(Japan, March 8, 2015) NOUMINREN women association, Japan, on International Women’s Day, organized various events around the country and in Tokyo a large central rally where the Nouminren Women Association is a part of organizers.
This year’s main theme of the central meeting is “Never allow Japan to become a country going to war and shed light on the Japanese Constitution.” It also focus on the issues of nuclear weapons, military bases and nuclear power. It emphasizes GENDER EQUALITY. In the meeting, a female economist will talk about an economics for happiness, an economics completely against Abenomics neoliberal agendas.
- Published on Wednesday, 18 March 2015 13:58
Women Peasants fight for food sovereignty, against violence and agribusiness
This 8th of March, International Women’s Day, we, the women of the European Coordination Via Campesina, the historical creators of life, guardians of traditional seeds, caretakers of food and landscape diversity, vessels for passing on knowledge, raise our voices to say:
- NO to patriarchy.
- NO to neoliberal policies.
- NO to agribusiness, responsible for exiling thousands of male and female peasants from our lands, to the industrialization of agriculture and climate change.
- NO to the so-called free trade agreements such as CETA or TTIP, with completely obscure and antidemocratic procedures, whose only goal is to obtain the maximum amount of profits for multinational corporations at the expense of citizens’ rights (right to food, health, social equity, labor rights, public policies, a natural environment…).
- NO to land-grabbing and taking over natural resources, no in Europe or anywhere else in the world.
- NO to working condition precariousness.
- NO to violence and oppression.