For the rights of migrants and all workers!
To summon us to the mobilizations which will take place in the United States the first day of may, 2007, International Workers Day, the Border Peoples’ Union issues a call to participate in the March of the Workers in the City of Juarez, Chihuahua and in the demonstration in El Paso, Texas.
This day of struggle is dedicated to demand rights for immigrant workers, their families, and for all working people, in this manner to denounce:
– the policies and actions against migrants
– the massive deportations and family separations
– the on-going militarization of the border and the increasing violation of human rights of people on the border.
– the attacks against all workers, particularly against women, and
– the economic development plans to destroy the Second Barrio in El Paso and to continue with the marginalization and displacement of the poor people of the City of Juarez
DAY OF STRUGGLE IN THE CITY OF JUAREZ AND EL PASO:
In the City of Juarez, we will meet at 10 in the morning at Juarez Monument to participate in the march of the workers.
In El Paso we will meet starting at 1 in the afternoon on the corner of Sixth and El Paso, close to Santa Fe bridge.
JOIN US! PARTICIPATE! BECAUSE
A SILENT PEOPLE WILL NEVER BE HEARD!
For more information: Carlos Marentes (915) 873-8933, Guillermo Glenn (915) 497-5177 and Javier Perez (915) 626-8886