(Ramalah, May 4th, 2014) The Israeli Occupation uproots more than 1400 olive tree and sapling in one month!
The Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) followed up intensively the Israeli violation against the Palestinian farmers to expose the brutality of the occupation to the local and international world. In addition, UAWC supported the Palestinian farmers to strengthen their land – the land of the parents and grandparents.
The main Israeli violations against the Palestinian farmers during April/2014 were as follows: The Israeli occupation uprooted more than 1400 olive trees and saplings:
– The Israeli settlers from the Neve Daniel North settlement uprooted around 600 olive trees and stole some of them from the northern land of Bethlahem governorate.
– The settlers uprooted 150 olive trees from Sousia village – Hebron
– The settlers damaged 35 olive trees in the land near Qedumim settlement – Qalqilya
– The settlers from Yitzhar settlement uprooted around 50 olive saplings from the land of Nablus Governorate.
– Israeli forces bulldozed about 12 dunums of land in Khalet al Nahla area in Bethlahem Governorate which caused the uprooting of 300 olive saplings and damaged retaining walls and fences.
– Settlers from Betar Illit settlement threw a Molotov cocktail on Palestinian owned olive trees in Nahalen village in Hebron which damaged 25 olive trees.
– Israeli settlers damaged 220 olive trees in Howara village – Nablus
– Israeli settlers uprooted 80 olive trees in Ras Karkar village – Ramallah
– Israeli settlers uprooted 30 olive trees in Bani Hussein village – Silfeet