International Day of Solidarity with the Honduran people: against the State Coup, for the restitution of democracy and the Constituent Assembly
Outraged by the State coup in Honduras and the repression of the Honduran people carried out by the de facto dictatorship, we organizations and social movements, members of regional and global campaigns and networks are calling for *an International Day of Solidarity with the Honduran people, to be held simultaneously on the 2nd October*, following on from the actions we have been carrying out since the 28th June. We call on all of you to:
1. Organise actions in front of United Nations (UN) bodies, the United States embassy or consulates as well as representations of the Latin American Business Council in your countries (check names of the board members and national chapter at *http://www.ceal-int.org)*;
2. Carry out demonstrations, concerts, ecumenical celebrations, press conferences, events etc, engaging celebrities, activists, intellectuals, parliamentarians, artists, religious leaders and other people who can attract the attention of the mass media in order to share information and denounce the situation in Honduras;
3. Denounce and boycott the companies related to the coup leaders (see the list attached);
4. Send letters to the UN, the European Union, the Organisation of American States, the Interamerican Commission of Human Rights (ICHR) demanding urgent action and strong pressure against the coup government in Honduras and the immediate restitution of democracy and the legitimate president Manuel Zelaya;
5. To take advantage of these initiatives and activities in each country to constitute national, provincial, municipal, local and district solidarity committees with Honduras and contribute with campaigns of information and communication, of political pressure and of fundraising in solidarity with the resistance (see sapanish version)
We also call you to mobilise celebrities, activists, intellectuals, parliamentarians, artists, and religious leaders who can attract the attention of the mass media to follow in solidarity our Honduran brothers and sisters in resistance, making a special effort to participate in the First International Meeting against the State Coup
and for the Constituent Assembly, to be held from the 8th to 10th October, in Tegucigalpa (*email@example.com*, see attached).
AGAINST THE STATE COUP AND FOR THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY! HONDURAS IS NOT ALONE!
Send email to *firstname.lastname@example.org* for further information and adhesion to this call.
For news on the events and initiatives, write email to *email@example.com* and *firstname.lastname@example.org*