26th January, Palacio de Congresos, Madrid
- This conference has been organised almost exclusively by International institutions such as the World Bank and WTO, as well as members of the G8. Small farmers and food producers from around the world as well as the countries most affected by the food crisis are marginalised from the process.
- Representatives of small and medium producers will be present from the beginning of the Conference promoting their alternative: Food Sovereignty
- La Via Campesina is an international movement of peasants, small and medium size producers, landless, rural women and youth and agricultural workers active in about 70 countries around the world. COAG (Coordinadora de Organizaciones de Agricultores y Ganaderos), member of La Via Campesina, will participate in and support the farmers delegation in Madrid.
Palacio de Congresos de Madrid; Paseo de la Castellana 99, 28046 Madrid
- Monday 26th January 9.30am: Symbolic action in front of the Palacio de Congresos, organised by Via Campesina, Amigos de la Tierra Espana, Veterinarios sin Fronteras among others. This will be followed by a press conference at 10am: “Farmers demands to the High Level Meeting”
- Tuesday 27th January: La Via Campesina and Allies will hold a press conference based on the results of the High Level Conference. Palacio de Congresos. Hour to be confirmed
For interviews with our delegates, or for more information:
Fergal Anderson, Press Vía Campesina: 636.636.756
Rubén Villanueva, Head of Press COAG: 618.104.22.168
For more information: www.viacampesina.org y www.coag.org