- This event has passed.
Stop Monsanto’s genetically engineered Alfalfa!
17 April 2010
Canadian Biotechnology Action Network, National Famers Union of Canada and Union Paysanne call Canadian citizens to send alfalfa seeds to their Member of Parliament To Tell the government to stop the introduction of Monsanto’s genetically engineered alfalfa.
April 17 is the International Day of Peasant Struggle! called by La Via Campesina, with the theme “Say “No” to Corporate Control of Agriculture and Food.” Take this action to Monsanto!
Send a letter to your MP and the Minister of Agriculture with a tiny alfalfa seed or our seed graphic!
- Print up our sample letter or write your own letter: http://www.cban.ca/alfalfaactionletter
- Look for your MP’s contacts at www.parl.gc.ca and/or send a letter to Hon. Gerry Ritz, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, House of Commons, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0A6 – remember postage is free!
- Buy some organic alfalfa seeds at your local health food store.
- Tape one or a few alfalfa seeds to your letter and include some free-floating seeds! (If you cannot find any alfalfa seeds, you can print our alfalfa seed letter with a little drawing of the seed!)
You can continue to take action this Spring:
– Organize a little alfalfa sprout stand at your local health food store.
– Screen the “The World According to Monsanto” for your community or friends (Order your copy from CBAN)
For the full action kit and more info: http://www.cban.ca/alfalfa