Nov 25: International Day for the Elimination of all Forms of Violence against Women
November 25 @ 8 h 00 min - December 31 @ 17 h 00 min CET
On this Day of Struggle in #Nov25, we as La Via Campesina call on our member organizations and allies to join in our struggle full of hope and resistance to transform the realities that perpetuate violence and ensure that the rights of all women and LGBTQ people are respected; to ensure that they are able to participate in the construction of new societies.
TimeToTransform #WomenInTheStruggle #StopViolenceAgainstWomen
Call for Life, against Violence!
Solidarity, sorority and resilience are essential values to live and coexist as societies fighting against the violence and brutality of this system.
This #Nov25 join our call for life and against violence:
- Participate in any symbolic act or local action promoted by your local organisation, community or country to end violence against women. #TimeToTransform
- Join our LVC online streaming “Actions for Life and against Violence” on the 25th, an event of collective struggle, reflection and mistica. Link: (To be updated soon)
- Stay Home but not Silent! Use the materials for social media of our Global Campaign Stop Violence against Women, available here:
- Commit to your organization, community, neighborhood and/or friends to support women and LGBTQ people at risk. Produce healthy food, donate baskets, organize a community soup kitchen or buy products of peasant women! #WomenInTheStruggle
- Print our booklet with basic safety tips against violence, the importance of collective care and don’t forget to translate it to your local language! Available here
- During the entire month of November we want to receive letters from our women and LGBTQ comrades, sharing their experiences of struggle and how LVC has contributed to empower them against violence and patriarchy. The letters shouldn’t be too long and you can add a picture if you’d like, but that’s not essential. We want to build our collective memory and rescue our voices from oblivion!
We would also like to receive pictures and videos of people of all ages and genders to share in our social media accounts. You can use these slogans: No one will silence our voices! Stop Violence against Women! Women in the Struggle against the Virus of Capital and Patriarchy!
Become a people’s communicator and let’s take social media by storm this #Nov25! Send all materials from October 28th to November 25th to email@example.com so we can publish it online.