- Published on Thursday, 12 June 2014 16:14
(Palestine, Ramallah, May 2014) – Members of the agricultural committees and fishermen committees that were established by the Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) participated in solidarity stands and demonstrations supporting the Palestinian prisoners undergoing the hunger strike against the Israeli administrative detention, noting that the administrative and financial director of UAWC Abd Al-Razaq Farraj is currently under the Israeli administrative detention. Download article here
- Published on Thursday, 12 June 2014 15:58
Under the Slogan “Protecting Our Land and Supporting Our Farmers”
(Palestine, Ramallah- May 2, 2014) The Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) launched a solidarity campaign with the farmers in the West Bank under the slogan “Protecting Our Land and Supporting Our Farmers” that aims to strengthen the voluntary work values in Palestine and support the farmers resilience on their land and support the farmers’ rights within the project “Defending Our Rights” that is funded from the Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA). Download article here
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 21:18
UAWC calls upon the international community to interfere to save the lives of the Palestinian administrative detainees
Administrative detainees have been on an open hunger strike in the Israeli prison since 24 April 2014, calling for ending administrative detention against them. Dozens of prisoners joined the strike in solidarity with the administrative detainees. The Israeli prison authorities refuse to listen to the detainees' demands and imposed retributive measures against them, including transferring them to solitary confinement, depriving them of necessary health care in addition to beating them. Download the appeal here
- Published on Monday, 05 May 2014 21:52
The Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) followed up intensively the Israeli violation against the Palestinian farmers to expose the brutality of the occupation to the local and international world. In addition, UAWC supported the Palestinian farmers to strengthen their land - the land of the parents and grandparents.
The main Israeli violations against the Palestinian farmers during April/2014 were as follows: The Israeli occupation uprooted more than 1400 olive trees and saplings:
- The Israeli settlers from the Neve Daniel North settlement uprooted around 600 olive trees and stole some of them from the northern land of Bethlahem governorate.
- The settlers uprooted 150 olive trees from Sousia village - Hebron
- The settlers damaged 35 olive trees in the land near Qedumim settlement - Qalqilya
- The settlers from Yitzhar settlement uprooted around 50 olive saplings from the land of Nablus Governorate.
- Israeli forces bulldozed about 12 dunums of land in Khalet al Nahla area in Bethlahem Governorate which caused the uprooting of 300 olive saplings and damaged retaining walls and fences.
- Settlers from Betar Illit settlement threw a Molotov cocktail on Palestinian owned olive trees in Nahalen village in Hebron which damaged 25 olive trees.
- Israeli settlers damaged 220 olive trees in Howara village - Nablus
- Israeli settlers uprooted 80 olive trees in Ras Karkar village - Ramallah
- Israeli settlers uprooted 30 olive trees in Bani Hussein village - Silfeet
Peasants' Right Resources
- Article Count: