- Published on Friday, 17 May 2013 04:43
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 21:36
Media Advisory - La Via Campesina
(Jakarta, 14 May 2013) About 500 peasants, who are members of more than 150 organizations spread throughout 70 countries across the world, will convene in Jakarta, Indonesia between the 6th and the 13th of June for the VI International Conference of La Via Campesina. This conference will be preceded by the International Youth Assembly and the International Women's Assembly.
These international conferences are held every four years, and consist of the highest body through which collective decisions are made and debates held, giving way to the creation of a common mobilization agenda for the peasant movement.
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 20:54
The Experience of La Via Campesina at the WSF
On the morning of the final day of the World Social Forum in Tunis, held in from 26th to 30th March 2013, La Vía Campesina delegate Mohammed Hakech , from Marocco, was the final speaker at a session challenging the dominant discourse of migration.
Hakech was joined on stage in Amphitheatre 6 by other three speakers, each one of which drew on their experiences from three continents to examine the causes and consequences of migration in the context of global inequality and the intense pressure facing farmers.
- Published on Tuesday, 07 May 2013 23:01
25th of June 2013, 9h00-12h30
European Parliament- Brussels
· Olivier De Schutter, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food
· Willy Meyer, Patrick Le Hyaric and Joao Ferreira, MEPs
· The authors of the Report on Land Grabbing in Europe, study coordinated by ECVC and the coalition Hands off the Land (TNI, FIAN International, FIAN Netherlands, FIAN Germany, FIAN Austria, IGO in Poland and FDCL in Germany)
· Coordination Committee and Members of European Coordination Via Campesina
This event is jointly organized by European Coordination Via Campesina and the group GUE/NGL of the European Parliament.
The report on Land Grabbing in Europe, along with its Executive Summary, are already available on the ECVC website: http://www.eurovia.org/spip.php?article757&lang=en
Draft programme, registration form and documentation will be on the ECVC website soon.