- Published on Monday, 02 February 2009 10:06
ALAI - Minga Informativa: http://www.movimientos.org/fsm2009/
- Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2009 18:21
The alternative exists: food sovereignty –where every state has the right to define its own agricultural policy – all that is needed is the political will to implement it
The High Level Conference on Food Security in Madrid on the 26th and 27th of January excludes the main stakeholders in the debate on the food crisis from meaningful participation. It is a forum dominated by the World Bank, IMF and WTO, as well as transnational companies such as Monsanto, and it is an outrage that they are given space on the panels of discussion while representatives of small farmers - who produce 80% of the world's food – are left only a few minutes on the floor to give their position.
- Published on Saturday, 24 January 2009 01:39
26th January, Palacio de Congresos, Madrid
- This conference has been organised almost exclusively by International institutions such as the World Bank and WTO, as well as members of the G8. Small farmers and food producers from around the world as well as the countries most affected by the food crisis are marginalised from the process.
- Representatives of small and medium producers will be present from the beginning of the Conference promoting their alternative: Food Sovereignty
- La Via Campesina is an international movement of peasants, small and medium size producers, landless, rural women and youth and agricultural workers active in about 70 countries around the world. COAG (Coordinadora de Organizaciones de Agricultores y Ganaderos), member of La Via Campesina, will participate in and support the farmers delegation in Madrid.
- Published on Wednesday, 17 December 2008 22:02