- Published on Friday, 19 July 2002 18:54
The Vía Campesina is very disturbed that José Bové was jailed on the 19th of June. José Bové is one of the spokespersons of our movement and the fact that he was imprisoned must be seen as an attempt to discredit and repress Via Campesina and the other movements that are fighting neo-liberal policies.
- Published on Friday, 08 March 2002 18:49
THE DECLARATION ON THE RIGHT TO DEVELOPMENT IS IN DANGER !
We the undersigned:
- Reaffirm that "the right to development is an inalienable human right by virtue of which every human person and all peoples are entitled to participate in, contribute to, and enjoy economic, social, cultural and political development, in which all human rights and fundamental freedoms can be fully realized" ;
- Published on Monday, 04 February 2002 18:56
The situation of violence and repression against peasants, indigenous people and their organisations by the Bolivian government, the big landowners and their military and para-military forces.
- Published on Tuesday, 30 January 2001 18:58
URGENT COMMUNICATIONVia Campesina, an international movement of farmers, women and men, small and medium size producers, agricultural workers, rural women and indigenous communities, present with a strong delegation at the World Social Forum in Porto Alegre, Brazil, informs all members of worldwide organizations and the international community, that our friend José Bové, spokesmen of the Confederation Paysanne, member of the European Farmers Coordination (CPE) and distinguished activist of Via Campesina, is been expelled today from Brazil without any explanation and even less justification by the government of Dr. Fernando Henrique Cardoso.
Peasants' Right Resources
- Article Count: