- Published on Saturday, 17 April 2010 23:38
Hasatil with its allies commemorated the day of International peasant struggle day in Dili with a long march in which more and less a thousand participants took part.
A political declaration was read to the media :
This declaration is built around 4 principles :
1. nationalization public services
2. food sovereignty
3. climate justice
4. fear trade.
And demands to Timor Leste Government to:
1.recognize the Peasant struggle day
2. engage against privatization (of land, seeds, water),
3. take up against neoliberal practices and against free trade in Timor Leste
4. create peasant right law in Timor Leste
5. engage against international institution that influence gov. policy for seeds treaty and to get agreement for monocultural and introduction of chemical and hybrid seeds in Timor Leste (CCT/NCBA from USA, Seeds of Life/ACIAR, Delta coffee Timor Global ect)
6. engage against World Bank intervention in land law and any kind of policy.