- Published on Thursday, 09 July 2009 01:42
In this sense, we want to estate that:
- We make Mr Micheletti, and the rest of the coup group, responsible of the police and military force’s actions that ended with Isis Obed Murillo’s dead, a sixteen years old young man, and with the injuring and beating up of many others. Amongst the injured are Darwin Antonio Lagos, another young lad, and the Judge Guillermo Lopez, last evening.
- The National Front Against the Coup d’etat wants to transmit its condolences, respect and solidarity with the family of the murdered young man and with the wounded persons. This youngster was from a family from the Olancho Department, who were not activists of any people’s organization. They simply were people struggling for a welfare state.
- That the coup Government, and its followers, are lost. So much so they have resorted to the heads of churches and the police for support and protection. For the peoples movement is clear that the religious hierarchies have always sided with the oligarchic groups, and for this reason, repudiates the attitude of the pseudo-representatives of the different churches.
- That we condemn the terrorist attitude of the authorities imposed by Mr. Micheletti and the coup state, who represses with guns the different forms of demonstrations of the citizens. Police roadblocks and soldiers everywhere are used for with this aim, especially in the public roads where the army searches with their riffles the different transport units.
- That as Honduran people thanks for the comprehension and solidarity received from the Latin-American Governments, the Organization of the American States, and the whole international community, and for the forcefulness and objectivity which the issue of the institutional broken normality and the coup d’etat suffered by the Hondurans has been dealt with and recognized.
- That we denounce in front of the Honduran people and in front of the international community, that a section of the Government of the United States of America, such as the military industry and the Intelligence Agency, is supporting the coup in Honduras. We believe it is important to recognize this fact
- The rally performed yesterday in Tegucigalpa was enormous. About 300 thousand people took part in it, and it is important to recognize the discipline and fighting spirit that allowed them to remain in place regardless of the strength of the military repression. Furthermore, we would want to call every women and men to hold in the struggle for the claim of their rights.
NATIONAL FRONT AGAINST THE COUP D’ETAT IN HONDURAS
Tegucigalpa, M.D.C, 6 of July of 2009