- Published on Tuesday, 28 November 2006 21:56
- Published on Tuesday, 28 November 2006 21:43
"I think that what really unites us is a fundamental commitment to humanism because the antithesis of this is individualism and materialism.... The common problems of land, production, technology, markets, ideological formation, training, poverty - all of these we have in common. But what also unites us are great aspirations. We are all convinced that the current structures of economic, political, and social power are unjust and exclusionary. What unites us is a spirit of transformation and struggle to change these structures all over the world. We aspire to a better world, a more just world, a more humane world, a world where real equality and social justice exist. These aspirations and solidarity in rural struggles keep us united in the Vía Campesina."
- RAFAEL ALEGRIA, FORMER OPERATIONAL SECRETARIAT OF THE VÍA CAMPESINA
- Published on Tuesday, 28 November 2006 20:51
- Published on Tuesday, 21 November 2006 22:29