- Published on Monday, 29 November 2010 17:39
Indian Coordination Committee of Farmers Movements
Bangalore, Nov-29- 2010
Sustainable agriculture Cools the Planet! System Change not Climate Change!
We Indian farmers movements under the banner of the ICCFM comprising of farmers organizations from all over India such as Karnataka Rajya Raitha Sangha (Karnataka), Bhartiya Kisan Union (North India), Thamizhaga Vivasayigal Sangam (Tamil Nadu) and Kerala Coconut Farmers Association (Kerala) are protesting on the occasion of the COP 16 climate negotiations of the UNFCC in Cancun, Mexico.
We stress that the climate negotiations have totally failed to bring about any real solution to the climate crisis and ever since the last UNFCCC meeting in Copenhagen it has become even more clear that any real change will only come from a peoples movement and not diplomatic negotiations.
- Published on Monday, 29 November 2010 16:41
LO QUE ESTA EN JUEGO EN CANCUN
Entre los días 3 y 7 de diciembre próximos, tendrá lugar en Cancún, México, la Conferencia de Naciones Unidas sobre Cambio Climático (COP 16).
Lo que está en juego es ni más ni menos que la preservación del planeta Tierra como hogar de la especie humana, hoy grave y definitivamente amenazado por las formas depredadoras que ha adoptado el sistema económico, la producción militar industrial, la industria agroalimenticia, el desarrollo urbano, etc., es decir, lo que se ha denominado “capitalismo salvaje”.
- Published on Monday, 29 November 2010 13:08
Only for the media:
Cel. 52 1 55 3943 0712
To contact the Vía Campesina delegation
cell Mexico: 045-55-182-03758
Address of the Via Campesina Camp and the Forum for life, environmental and social justsice (December 4 to 10, 2010)
Unidad Deportiva “Jacinto Canek,” avenidas Chitzen Itza y He-Zaba, zona Centro.
Program for the Press
**Dec. 4, 10.00am: Press conference: Arrival of caravans and program of La Via Campesina in Cancun. Start of the World Alternative Forum "For Life and Environmental and Social Justice." Where: Camp.
**Dec. 5, 10.00am. Presentation of Report: "Overview of the Social and Environmental Devastation in Mexico." Where: Camp.
**Dec. 6, 10.00am. Press conference: "Announcement of the massive rally in Cancun and world mobilization of the «THOUSANDS CANCUN.» Where: Camp.
**Dec. 6, 6pm. Press conference: ""Announcement of the massive rally in Cancun and world mobilization of the «THOUSANDS CANCUN.» Where: Luna room, Moon Palace
**Dec. 9. "Meeting of the Bolivian President, Evo Morales, with members of the camp." Place and time to be confirmed.
- Published on Saturday, 20 November 2010 09:52
We, the farmers belonging to the Collective of Farmer Organisations and the Coalition of the Forum of Civil Society Organisations, having come from every administrative region of Mali, and having met on 20 November 2010 at the Kologontomo Forum on agricultural land grabs in Mali, launch the following appeal:
- Responding to demand from farmer organisations and their members in the Office du Niger area;
- Having noted farmers’ lack of tenure security in the Office du Niger area, and the difficulty of obtaining information about Government policy on large-scale allocations of agricultural land to foreign investors;
- In light of the provisions of the Framework Law on Agriculture regarding agricultural land;
- In light of the flagrant violations of citizens’ and human rights through numerous shocking attacks on the physical and moral integrity of rural populations in developed areas of the Office du Niger;
- In light of the sudden and brutal occupations of agricultural lands by foreign and national investors to the detriment of family farms, which need access to large amounts of agricultural land and secure tenure of this land;
- In view of the fact that the allocation of vast tracts of agricultural land to private investors is undermining national sovereignty and will contribute to the almost inevitable disappearance of family farming.